Thursday, February 5, 2015

olw | january

as i mentioned before i am taking ali edwards' year long one little word class.  my goal this year is to finish.  to do every assignment and complete the album.  most of the assignments are easy and they are always fun so that should keep me motivated.

i am using an 8 1/2 by 11 we r memory keepers album and page protectors for this class. and my goal is to keep it simple and not overthink the process.  just go for it.

my intro page is this quote i found at the beginning of the year.  it is so full of hope and that is how i want the year to go.

my next page is my blog post from january introducing my word.  then there are some worksheets with prompts.

-in what ways is this word already a part of your life?
-what do you want more//less of?
-what do i fear most in 2015?
-what am i most excited about in 2015?

on the back page are my intentions for my word.  one of my intentions is to fill my mind with positive thoughts so that negativity and fear cannot exist. the yoga is helping!

the next page is a 9 pocket page protector that i cut down.  ali provided some small cards to fill out and then we got to be creative for the other pockets.

i used studio calico cards, a transparency, and some old acrylic letters to fill in those spots.

i also wanted to include a picture of me, taken in new orleans last year, and a picture of my family, because that is what makes my life full.

i included the card i hand wrote.  it's double sided so on the front of the card i added some word tiles from a recent studio calico kit.

overall i am happy with how this turned out.  i think setting the intentions and clarifying why i chose the word will be a great reminder throughout the year.

i am really excited about this month's lesson as well of making a vision board.  i have my magazines and scissors ready to take that on.

No comments: